- Dance starts with middle 4 in center facing out on diagonal, end 4 facing out on the diagonal in a large circle
- Middle four circle counter clockwise 3 times, outer 4 circle clockwise once, closing into lines at the end of the figure
- Back to back - normal back to back with partners. Pass right, move right, back to home, repeat on left
- Shunts - back to back along lines in pairs. 1&3 do a back to back with 5&7 passing right shoulders as pairs (1 around 7)
- Diagonals - back to back on diagonals in pairs. Done in 2 groups of 4 (1-4 and 5-8)
- In each group, do a paired right shoulder back to back along the 2nd corner diagonal
- That's 2 and 3 leading, 1 spins over left shoulder to follow 3, 4 spins over right shoulder to follow 2.
- Pass right shoulders (1 passing 4), shift right slightly, retire to home with 1 and 4 spinning back to place (1 spin right, 4 spin left).
- Repeat for second half but left shoulder on the 1st corner diagonal. 2 and 3 spin to follow 4 and 1 respectively
- 2 passes 3, all shift left slightly and retire to home with 2 and 3 spinning back to place.
- Facing neighbor along lines (1 with 3, 5 with 7, 2 with 4, 6 with 8) clash tips forehand, butts backhand
- Face partner, clash tips forehand, butts backhand.
- Clash tips forehand with partner, pass right shoulder with person to the right of your partner clashing tip forehand as you move (2 and 7 have imaginary right people)
- Clash tip forehand with your original neighbor (who should be beside you) while curving to reorient the set
- 1, 3, 6, and 8 curve right, 2, 4, 5, and 7 curve left to form new lines rotated 90 degrees and clash tips forehand with new partner
- Clashes are 1 with 7, 3 with 5, 4 with 6, 2 with 8. New line order is 1,3,4,2 in one file, 7,5,6,8 in opposite file
- Repeat that sticking and reorienting pattern 3 more times to end in original positions with original orientation
Single steps are done throughout, including during the sticking. Dance ends with repeat of the chorus with accelerating tempo (double then triple time)