Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Tradition||Fieldtown (Hereburgh styling)|
|Musical sequence||Need sequence|
- Basic sequence is 2 double steps, 2 single steps, foot together jump.
- Sticks are held loosely vertical and swing up and down
- Dance in - Start in star formation with pairs off stage (one behind the other)
- Front of each pair does FTJ and dances on with 2 double steps, 2 single steps, FTJ with a forehand basket clash in center
- Center people turn over right on the spot while remaining 4 dance in to meet them, 2 ds, 2 ss, FTJ with a forehand clash with partner.
- Set is now in a windmill formation with 4 pairs and the rest of the dance is done in this formation
- Outside dancers turn left 90 degrees and dance out to the corners of what will be a large square
- Inside dancers turn left about 240 degrees and dance out the the center of the side of the square
- All retire backwards with 2 single steps to orignal places. Repeat but going right this time.
- Whole hands
- Outside people do a right shoulder whole hands with the middle person to the left of their partner
- Inside people turn over their left shoulder to dance with the outside person behind them to their left
- Repeat but everyone going to their right for a left shoulder whole hands
- All circle left in 2 circles. Inside people go counter clockwise once all the way around
- Outside people go clockwise halfway around. Clash forehand with the person you meet at the halfway point
- All circle right (no hard turn). When you reach your partner, trade places by the left shoulder to exchange inside and outside positions
- Back to back - similar to whole hands, right shoulder with person on the left, left shoulder with person on the right
- Two interlocking heys for 4 across the set. Start right shoulder with partner.
- Ends will then pass left shoulder in the center (as a group of 4) while others turn right to face in
- Pass right shoulder with new person, new centers pass left while others turn right to face
- Forehand clash with original partner but everyone is now on the opposite side of the set.
- Repeat that back to place
- Dance off
- Outsides circle left, insides dance forward and fall in behind their partner to form a large circle of 8
- Dance around until #1 leads off, everyone else following in a line.
- Dib butt of stick on ground to the right. Forehand clash with partner. Dib butt on ground to the left. Backhand clash with partner
- Two capers while clashing forehand tips, backhand butts with partner, 2 more capers while turning to face clockwise around the set
- On 3rd caper, inside person grabs stick of outside person (held vertically). On 4th caper all extend free hand straight out to side
- Inside people have a tight group of 4 vertical sticks in the center.
- All dance halfway around in 2 double steps, 2 single steps. Keeping the 2 lines straight and orthogonal
- Repeat sticking and rotation from opposite side of the set to return to original places