Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Musical sequence||Need sequence|
Fieldtown hankie dance for 6. Tune: Ludd's March, by Antone Cepernich (1992), who doesn't like us calling it "General Ludd."
- Foot up (hop-backs)
- Half hands
Set should be more square than usual.
- All cast over their left shoulder with a side step into a large circle.
- Continue the cast with a double step and a caper into the center (more a leap than a caper on the 4th beat of the double step).
- Land on both feet and bounce into 2 hucklebacks starting with a right leg swing moving back to original set position.
- Foot together jump to face partner.
- Two open side steps to cross with partner:
- starting with a right side step and passing back to back,
- then a left side step (turning over right shoulder) to nose to nose on the opposite side.
- Middles turn 270° on the 2 side steps to end in the middle facing up or down the set.
- Back away with hopbacks to a reoriented set which has turned 90° clockwise.
- All land facing the new head of the set on the foot together jump at the end of the hopbacks.
- Two closed side steps (right, left) facing the head of the set, 4 plain capers turning to face (new) partner on the fourth.
Ends with 6 plain capers (an additional 2).